Comment on page
Use a hardware wallet
We know the idea of setting up your hardware wallet with Chiliz might sound tricky, but we promise it isn't.
Thanks to MetaMask, the process is quite straightforward. We will use Ledger for this example, but MetaMask works for other brands as well.
Once everything is in place, follow these steps:
- 1.Open the MetaMask main menu.
- 2.Select "Connect hardware wallet".
- 3.Select "Ledger" (or any other wallet brand you might have). More information is displayed.
- 4.Click the blue "Connect" button at the bottom of the interface.
Your browser will then ask you if MetaMask can connect to your Ledger (or other hardware wallet):
- 1.Select your Ledger device.
- 2.Click "Connect".
MetaMask will then display the accounts stored on your Ledger:
1. Select the account from which you wish to import CHZ, by clicking its checkbox.
2. Click "Unlock".
Voilà! You're all set. Your Ledger wallet has now been imported into MetaMask.
Here's how you can delegate CHZ to a validator, now that your Ledger is connected:
- 1.First, find the validator you want and click on the "Delegate" link next to their name.
- 2.Enter the amount of CHZ you want to delegate and hit the "Submit" button.
- 3.A MetaMask window will pop up. Make sure you read the text in the blue box (it says "Prior to clicking confirm..."), then click "Confirm". Just make sure your Ledger hardware wallet is unlocked before you do this.
Even though the transfer has been confirmed on MetaMask, you're not quite done yet. You need to also confirm it on your Ledger. Do this by validating the action with the Ledger's physical buttons. Once you've done this, your transaction will be complete.
And that's it! You've successfully staked CHZ from your Ledger wallet. Well done!