Comment on page
Install and use MetaMask
A wallet is a digital account hosted as a web extension or mobile application. It is connected with your preferred cryptocurrency and holds your digital wealth, NFTs, and so on. Similar to your bank account, it helps you to carry out transactions instantly. Moreover, it is essential to have a crypto wallet to start your journey into the world of digital currency.
Follow the steps to download the MetaMask web extension and use your MetaMask Wallet thereafter.
2. Select Add to Chrome.
3. Read the disclaimer carefully and then select Add extension.
4. Select Get Started.
5. Provide your consent by clicking on the I Agree button.
6. Assuming that you are brand new to the MetaMask, click on the Create a Wallet button.
8. It is recommended to watch the video on how to Secure your wallet before you proceed further. Click Next.
- 1.Take ownership of keeping your wallet safe from the perils of the crypto world. Do not unveil the seed phrase in anyone's presence or share it with anybody under any situation.
- 2.Do not store your seed phrase on any digital third-party application, or handheld device; that way it is more likely to get stolen or hacked.
- 3.Instead, write the seed phrase on a piece of paper and keep it in a secret place.
- 4.And, if you trust your memory, just mug up the seed phrase. As there's no place that can be safer than your own brain 🧠.
9. Unveil the Seed Phrase by clicking on the Lock 🔒 icon.
What is a seed phrase?
A seed phrase is a series of 12 to 24 random words assigned to your account to be used as a private key to access your wallet (account) when required.
10. After noting down the seed phrase, click Next.
11. You will see your seed phrase arranged arbitrarily. You must arrange the seed phrase in the exact sequence you have received using the empty box. Verify the entered seed phrase again before you select Confirm.
12. After arranging the seed phrase in the given order you will see the following notification indicating that you have successfully created a MetaMask Wallet. Click All Done.
13. Your MetaMask Wallet is now ready for use.